Ten simple things to do to sleep badly


1. First, drink alcohol. Alcohol is one of the most used sleeping pills in the world. And it actually induces sleepiness. But it is, technically speaking, a poison. When it gets to the liver, we will start to sleep badly or even wake up in the middle of the night.

2. Go to sleep because it is late, and not because we are sleepy. Going to bed without being sleepy is a guarantee of difficulty falling asleep.

3. Use your cell phone in bed. Here's another way to make it difficult to fall asleep.

4. More generally, keep yourself mentally active and engaged before going to sleep. The brain is too stimulated, and we will have guaranteed the bad night.

5. Eat badly. Fatty, fried, sugary foods: these are the perfect ingredients for restless nights.

6. Try to clear your mind of bad thoughts. Our brain is like this: the less I try to think about something, the more I think about it. If I want to sleep badly or not sleep at all, nothing better than fighting with your brain, trying to impose the thoughts we want on it.

7. Dramatize the fact that you sleep badly. Fortunately, the brain always gets the least amount of sleep it needs. But if I want to hurt myself, I have to forget this and think that if I don't sleep well, my life will be ruined.

8. Stay in bed if you have difficulty falling asleep or if I have woken up. In this way, the bed will be associated with not sleeping, and my nights will always be worse. Do I want to hurt myself? I ignore the good rule of 15 minutes: if I am in bed awake for more than 15 minutes, it is best not to insist and get up. You go to another room, you find something pleasant to do, and without drama you expect the sleepiness to return. Only then do you go back to bed.

9. Catch up on sleep lost during the day. This is perhaps the best way to get a bad night's sleep.

10. When you can, sleep late in the morning. Again, we're messing up the brain, and instead of giving sleep regularity, we're messing it up even more. I ignore the good rule of thumb to get up at the same time every day, possibly early.



Of course, if you want to sleep well, do the exact opposite of this decalogue of evil.


Commenti