What am I actually doing with the people I love?

What am I actually doing with the people I love?
We are full of good intentions and affectionate feelings. And this reassures us. We are convinced that we love others (husbands, wives, children, friends, ...). And we think they know it.
But what really matters is not what we feel or what we think. The most important part is what we do.
We can also be convinced that we love a person: we feel "inside" our head. But if then, in everyday life, the criticisms we make are much more than the times when we say "I love you" or the times when we show appreciation ... we are in trouble!
To be more precise: how many beautiful things I say for every criticism I make?
What is the proportion?

If today I told you that the soup was really disgusting, but I told you ten good things ... well.

If today I told you that the soup was really disgusting, but I told you fifty good things ... very well!

If today I ate the soup, which was disgusting but did not contain hydrochloric acid so I resisted the temptation to criticize, and I also told you beautiful things ... I understood everything about life. I'm at "Yoda level".

What's underneath the bones of our skull is not important. What we do is important. It is the only thing that really exists and that has effect. Any divorce lawyer will confirm this to you.


Commenti